Many of my sounds are greyed out - Apple Community

Many of my sounds are greyed out - Apple Community

Looking for:

Logic pro x sound library manager greyed out free 













































     


Move Logic Pro Sound Library: Relocate to external drive - 9to5Mac



 

Click that progress bar to see more details:. Thanks David. That's a pretty inconspicuous little progress bar. Cool, that's what I thought. Thanks again David! Much appreciated! You're welcome! JCcares Posted December 9, Posted December 9, Thanks for this useful post. However,how would I know if all content is downloaded? OS Mojave Atlas Posted December 10, Posted December 10, JCcares Posted December 10, David Nahmani Posted December 11, Posted December 11, However, how would I know if all content is downloaded?

JCcares Posted December 11, Thank you. Some options were greyed out in the Sound Library manager during download. That was the main issue I guess. It's all set now. Posted July 7, When you say "nothing happens", do you not see a colored progress bar at the bottom of the LCD display in the control bar at the top of your main window?

FrankTeardrop Posted November 13, Posted November 13, Nothing happens because i can see the apps trafic in the network monitor of the firewall and logic doesn't try to connect anywhere once opened.

No progress bar because i load logic without project opening enable but have tried opening an empty project and loading virtual instrument track, browsing library BUT just now i'm trying from garage band and seems something is happening. I mean, i have opened garage band first time i do and it warnings me with the same question but clicking "Reset" has made garage band downloading full bandwidth. I'll inspect logic after finished and comment.

Seems different things library and samples but are one in my head. Enough for now David Nahmani Posted November 13, Atlas Posted November 14, Posted November 14, The available version would be the most recent one running on that macOS.

Posted November 15, edited. David Nahmani Posted November 15, Posted November 15, Ok I have never seen this, I suppose there may be some kind of receipts that tell Logic the library is already installed. There must be a file in logic that points to this non existing location. Good to hear. Thanks for letting us know what it was. FrankTeardrop Posted November 24, Posted November 24, Hi all, Solved?

Tronam Posted December 6, Posted December 6, Tronam Posted December 14, Posted December 14, Every time I load Logic after a while it'll suggest the link is broken and if I say to keep it on the main system drive it'll ask for my admin password to install a Helper. Once completed I get no error messages, but I suspect nothing actually changes because it'll keep doing this over and over again.

Posted January 4. MikeRobinson Posted January 7. Posted January 7. David Nahmani Posted January 8. That is if you wish to even try this. Create folder with any name and put the Receipt Zip file in the folder, then decompress withing that folder, there's over small files. Want you can do is follow the instructions in the graphic and try a few files then see if they show up in the library. Feb 7, PM. Rename it to Receipts. For anybody having the same problem, don't forget to restart your Mac after you followed the steps, only then logic will recognise the library again.

Even tough we found a solution now, I really hope that in a future update, the user will have more control over this in a simple way. Just like I'm used to in Adobe applications. Just a little warning sign or a simple right-click, then "relink", show logic the path to the folder and done.

Feb 8, AM. Other DAWs and production suites allow users to just point the application to a location on external drive and everything works.

Why Logic users have to jump through all these hoops is beyond me. I just hope that my feedback rant submitted on this topic some time ago to Apple reaches its target audience and the situation is improved.

Feb 10, AM. Question: Q: Logic can't find sound library anymore More Less. Community Get Support. Sign in Sign in Sign in corporate. Browse Search. Ask a question. User profile for user: JoshBadert JoshBadert. Maybe I just don't see the obvious. Does anybody know how I can tell Logic that my library is on my external drive. Would really really appreciate it! Thank you everybody for the help! More Less. Reply I have this question too 83 I have this question too Me too 83 Me too.

View answer in context. All replies Drop Down menu. Loading page content. User profile for user: Pancenter Pancenter. Make sure the external drive is mounted before starting Logic.

You will possibly need to reset some preferences Option two. Reply Helpful 2 Thread reply - more options Link to this Post. Or do you have another solution? Reply Helpful Thread reply - more options Link to this Post.

   


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

- Update to add native driver support in NVM Express in Windows 7 and Windows Server R2

Acer windows 7 home premium 64 bit iso free